I08th IOM Council: High-Level Panel Discussion on Opportunities to Address Migration and Climate Change in the Global Compact for Safe, Orderly and Regular Migration
- Nicolas Hulot, Minister for Ecological and Inclusive Transition, France
- Nazhat Shameem Khan, Permanent Representative of Fiji to the United Nations Office at Geneva and other international organizations and Chief Negotiator for the COP23 Presidency
- Keiko Kiyama, Co-President of Japan Emergency NGO (JEN), Vice-Chairperson of the Board of Directors, Japan Platform, Japan
Moderator: William Lacy Swing, Director General, IOM
You can find more information on the High-Level Panel Discussion on Opportunities to Address Migration and Climate Change in the Global Compact for Safe, Orderly and Regular Migration at the following links:
- Concept note
- Press release
- Statement by Ms. Patricia Espinosa, Executive Secretary of the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC)
Base de datos de estudios
South Asia, comprising 8 countries including Bangladesh, the Maldives and Nepal, is affected by a range of natural disasters including floods, glacial lake outburst floods (GLOFs), storm surges, droughts, cyclones and heavy precipitation. These disasters take a huge toll as they displace thousands of people every year. The impact of natural hazards is amplified by the following facts: most countries in the region lack strong economies and infrastructure, majority of the population and the industries depend on land resources, and large proportions of the population live in environmentally vulnerable areas.
The State of Environmental Migration series gathers the expertise of researchers, students and professionals to provide an annual assessment of the changing nature and dynamics of environment- and climate-related migration throughout the world.
West Africa: Promoting sustainable land management in migration-prone areas through innovative financing mechanisms
The three-year project (2014 – 2016) provides support to West African countries, especially Burkina Faso, Niger and Senegal, to:
Conocer al equipo
Para más información sobre MECLEP sírvase ponerse en contacto con:
División de Investigación sobre la Migración, OIM Ginebra: email@example.com
- Susanne Melde, Coordinadora Global del Proyecto.
- Sieun Lee, Asistente Global del Proyecto.
- François Gemenne, Coordinador Global de Investigaciones.
- Frank Laczko, Jefe de la División de Investigación.
Para más información general sobre Migración, Medio Ambiente y Cambio Climático (MECC), sírvase ponerse en contacto con: firstname.lastname@example.org